Tuesday, April 19, 2016

March and April in Havasu 2016

A lot of things were "stuffed" into March and until our leaving in  mid April.  On 3/2 we met Brian (OT from work),  Janet and Diedra our "surrogate" daughters, and their friends Wally, Jobin,  and Cameron at College Street Brewery.  This was a fun place to meet friends and eat.  We also went there when our friends Charlie and Kathy came through town on 3/30.  We met them in Yuma last year.  They were on their way back to Minnesota and stopped by for the evening.  We had a great time catching up on everything.  Our last trip to College Street was on 4/14, the night before my last day at work.  Kirk and I met my co-workers there and had a great, sad evening.  Saying goodbye is never easy.  These were a great bunch of people to work with, and I will miss them dearly.
I believe they were all doing the AZ basketball dance. 
What a smile!   What did you just see Janet?
Kathy and Charlie.  Met in Yuma.  Live in Minnesota. 
My Peeps!   Joannie, Lourd, Dan, Erin, Brian, me, Kirk.  

On 3/10, Kirk took the RV in to have the front air conditioner replaced, and the toppers on the slide outs replaced.  Tiffin paid half for the air conditioner as we found insulation in it from when Tiffin had redone our ceiling a year ago.
Our site at Havasu RV Resort 

Chuy:  On 3/12 we took Chuy to the vets.  His cough was just not getting better.  A year ago, when in St Cloud, we were told he had a collapsed trachea and that was the reason for the cough.  Well, it was now getting worse, so we took him in to see if there was anything at all we could do to make him more comfortable.  To make a long story short, Chuy was found to have an enlarged heart.  The vet did extensive cardiac workups, blood work, ultrasounds, x-rays, etc.  He was in the late stages, and the vet was very surprised to see how well he looked for being so bad.  He was also in congestive heart failure.  It was so sad to watch him suffer.  On 4/1, after getting off work, we took him into the vet and sent him to be with Lily.  It has been a very sad time for us, and especially for Kirk.
He's such a ham!
Always so cute when he slept. 
Loved looking out the window.  He always knew he was safe inside. 
Lily and Chuy.  Together again! 

On St Patricks Day, Kirk and I decided we needed to go out and have corned beef and cabbage.  We went to Pennington's Pub.  This was a fun place.  We had gone there as the night before we stopped by to buy tickets for the Britt Invasion of the Beatles Review which was going to be held 3/18.  While eating outside, we found out our friends Janet and Dee were inside at the bar.  We had a great night together.  The next night we met them again to see the Beatles Review Band.  Janet and her friend Wally, Wally's parents (Beverly and Walter), Dee, Jobin, and a few others I didn't know.  A great night!  Kirk danced with all the girls, of course.
Green beer at Penningtons Pub. 
The crew at Penningtons for the Beatles Review.  Love these guys!
Dee, Brian, 2 people I don't know, Beverly, Walter, Wally, Janet, me, and Kirk.  Great night!

Easter Sunday, 3/17, was a quiet day.  Kirk cooked a ham while I piddled around the RV.  I was pretty productive though, and even organized my closet and all my yarn.  I'm sure this made Kirk very happy.
Drive in the dessert past down the road from our park.   Blooming cactus! 
Beautiful Arizona sunset.   

On 3/29 I found out my next assignment would be at the Wisconsin Dells.  I had worked there 2 years ago.  Amy, my boss there called and said their SLP had resigned and if I would be interested.  I'm hoping this lasts all summer, as we will be staying at Chapparal Campground in Wonewoc with many of our friends, and be close to our families (within driving distance anyway).
There's a rainbow in there somewhere 
This rainbow you can see. 

On 4/3 Kirk and I played our last round of golf at Emerald Canyon in Parker.  We loved that course.

Janet and Dee decided they were going back to Florida, at least for a while.  We had a going away dinner with them, Wally, Jobin, and Wally's mom, Beverly at Barley's Brewery.  We had not been there before and wanted to try it.  It was a fun place and looked out at the London Bridge.   We will miss Jan and Dee very much.
We really didn't want to say goodbye!!!!   
Janet and Dee hitting the road.   Keep in touch ladies!!!

4/13 there was a dessert fire near Needles, CA at Topock and Pirates Cove area.  The smoke and smell blew all the way over to Havasu.  We even made the national news.
You can see the smoke rolling into Havasu from Topock.   

My last day of work was 4/15.  I was not looking forward to this day.  My co-workers in the therapy department have been awesome.   My boss, Erin, gave me a Havasu coffee/water mug, and some chocolates.  Sophie, who works in the kitchen and serves T hall every morning became a good friend to me.  She had planned a pizza party for lunch that day, along with the residents in that dining room.  I arrived for lunch, only to find lots of pizza, salad, chips and salsa, balloons, flowers,  and cards.  One of the nurses, Tracy, even made a homemade ice cream cake.  They will surely be missed.  Each of the residents gave me a hug.  Saying goodbye is the hardest part of my job.  I would return to this job in a heartbeat.
The T Hall gang on my last day of work. 
My beautiful flowers
My partner in crime on T Hall.  Thank you for everything Sophie.   Love and miss you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment