Friday, November 6, 2015

Pella trip 2015

I have driven by Pella more times than I can remember and had never stopped.  While staying in Albia this summer, we were so close that we decided to take a day trip there (8/1).  Every year they have a tulip festival which is known all over the world and draws thousands of people ( we did not get to attend that festival). Kirk and I enjoyed the history of the town, it's quaint shops, and the bakeries famous for their Letter pastry.  I recommend visiting Pella if you're ever in the area and taking the tour of the Windmill.  
Posing in front of the oldest working windmill in the nation.  
Kirk on the top of the windmill. 
The making of the wooden shoes!
Did not know that Wyatt Earp had lived here.  I am from Monmouth,Illinois where Wyatt was born. 
The straw thatch hut once lived in by the settlers from Holland. 





No comments:

Post a Comment