Friday, November 6, 2015

Albia/Ottumwa 2015

We headed to Albia, IA where we would stay while I was working in Ottumwa.  My job was at the Good Samaritan home, with the rehab provided by Aegis.   I started there on July 20th, and after arriving found that they weren't  expecting me until the following week (even though my contract said the 20th).  Caseload was extremely low, so while I was building caseload, which was very difficult as nursing staff and doctor are not on board with Speech therapy, I was very bored.  Regardless, I enjoyed by assignment there, and met some awesome people, mostly, but not limited to the therapy staff.  On my last day of work (9/16),  my co-workers brought in lunch, and gave me an Ottumwa T-shirt.  They are GREAT!
FYI fact:  co-op is what they call potluck in this part of the country.  
 The nursing home trapped these cuties and then released them in the country.  Lots of coons at the nursing home in Ottumwa becoming a nuisance.
 Co workers bought lunch my last day of work.  The famous Ottumwa Canteen.  Very close to Taylor's maidrites in Marshalltown, IA
 This was our site in Albia, IA at Indian Hills RV Park.  There is also a motel and restaurant on the site.
Co workers in Ottumwa also brought in Graham's ice milk.  Yummy!!

While in Albia, we had a few visitors.  Rudy and Bev came to visit 8/4 - 8/7 and were able to park in the site next to us.  We ate at a fun place, Bubba Q's in Ottumwa.  While I was working, they and Kirk golfed in Oskaloosa,   We cooked out, watched the Republican Debate on TV, and played with Rudy's Bug A Salt.  We really do need to get one of those.

Charlie and Kathy, our friends from MN whom we had met in Yuma, AZ last winter also came to visit on 8/l0 for the night while on their way to the Knoxville Sprint Car Races.  We had a nice cook out and visit.  The Sprint car races are a huge thing every year with thousands of people coming from all over.  They brought their new motor home.  

Robyn and Ady visited on 8/31and spent the night.  They were on their way to Illinois to stay with Grandma Ryner for two months.  Robyn is also going to home school Ady this school year.  We had a fun visit.  


No comments:

Post a Comment