Sunday, July 19, 2015

Fourth of July 2015

Kirk and I spent 4th of July weekend at the Marsh.  Ben and Nicki had their camper all set up for us in their yard.  Staying in the camper was a good idea as everyone knows how early Kirk goes to bed (and he was still not feeling well).  I didn't get pictures, but Kristy and Robyn had brought birthday cakes for Nicki and my birthdays.  My birthday was this past February ( I was in Yuma, AZ) and Nicki's would be the next week.  I do love those girls.  We had all planned to go kayaking/canoeing on saturday (kids and adults), however, with Kirk not feeling so great, we volunteered to take the grandkids to the Pittsville parade while the adult kids went kayaking on the Kickapoo river near Ontario, WI.   I think this was a good decision all around.   Did I say that we all enjoyed the Transformers 4 movie on Netflix.  I'm not usually into that sort of movie, but it was actually really good. After the movie we returned to Pittsville for the fireworks.  They were absolutely awesome.   When we returned to St Cloud, I talked Kirk into going to Express Care for another look at what was wrong with him.  He just wasn't getting any better and we were well into a month of this crap.  He had a sinus and ear infection.  He was given a different antibiotic than previous, and nasal spray.  He had one dose of each that evening, and by morning was a different person.  

 In the truck on way to the parade.
 Isaac's favorite part of the parade....MONSTER TRUCK!
 Ride home from kayaking
Our traditional family selfie!  Perfect ending to perfect weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment