Sunday, May 15, 2016

Arriving in Wisconsin

Kirk and I arrived at Chapparal Campground early evening of 4/30.   It rained the entire way there from Indianola.  The next morning we went to breakfast with some of the seasonals.   Every Sunday, the regulars at the campground go to breakfast in LaValle about 4 miles down the road.  The food is great, and it's a fun time to spend with our friends before they all leave to go back to their lives for the week.  We received a nice little May basket from Laurie and Kurt.  They are so sweet.   After getting settled into site #1 ( which was no easy task), then went to supper in Spring Valley with Dennis and Dianne. 

On 5/2, I started my new assignment in the Dells.  I worked their once before about two years ago.  I enjoy working for and with Amy, my boss.   Since I've started traveling, I've worked for her in a few different facilities here in Wisconsin.  I'm hoping this assignment lasts for the Summer.  We really enjoy this part of Wisconsin, our friends here, and being close you our family.   Kirk also gets to work here, which is an added bonus.  
Beautiful scene on my way to work

Cinco de Mayo is always a good excuse to have a margarita and eat Mexican food.  Kirk and I went to Reedsburg and celebrated at Cancun restaurant with me having a yummy watermelon margarita.  Kirk is always my DD.   

On 5/7, we drove to Minneapolis to attend Ady's violin recital.  Going north in the summer means getting to spend as much time as we can with our families.  What a pleasant surprise to hear her play.  Ady has improved so much and really enjoys playing.   Following the recital, the girls took us out for lunch at The Bad Waitress for Mother's Day, which was the following day.  Kirk and I headed home after visiting with girls as it was a 3.5 hour drive. We stopped at Costco on the way home :)   
Adys awesome recital.  Nice photo bomb Kirk!

On Mother's Day, the seasonals, Dennis and Dianne, and Kirk and I took in the Mother's Day Buffett in LaValle.   It was a great time with friends, and great food.  That afternoon, we played nine holes with Dennis and Dianne at Spring Valley, and ate supper there also.  
Stopped by this young couples home to say hi before golfing.  Ron and Arlene, we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment