Friday, November 27, 2015

On our way to Boynton Beach 2015

We were excited to be going to Florida for my next assignment.  We were a little worried though, as we could only find an RV park to stay in till November 24th and my assignment was supposed to last till January 8th.  However, we were hoping that after arriving in Boynton Beach, we would be able to look around and find something, somewhere near my work.  More on this later in the blog.  Kirk and I arrived in Destin, Florida on 10/4 and stayed at a very nice, small, privately owned Geronimo RV Park in Miramar Beach, FL.  We were only a few blocks from the gulf, but really had to drive to find a place on the beach that wasn't private.  Beautiful, white sand beaches and very relaxing.  We stayed for two nights.  While there, we had to drive to Pensacola on 10/5 to have my fingerprinting done before I could start my assignment.  Kirk was starting to get a sore throat, so I worked on orientation modules online that also had to be completed before I started work.  Why I wasn't getting suspicious of this company by now is beyond me.  More about them later.    On 10/6 we left Miramar Beach and headed to St Augustine to Ocean Grove RV park for two nights.  This was an okay place with partial gravel pads.  It was just across the street from the ocean, so that was a plus, and the lady in the office was very nice.  We ate supper at Salt Life food shack on the ocean side.  Good food.   The next day (10/7) we visited  The World Golf Hall of Fame in St Augustine.  We had driven by this place many times when in Florida, however, just never had the time to go.  This was much more than we expected.  We bought the year membership which we'll never use, but, they gave us a package that included 2 tickets to a senior golf event, gift bag, extra challenge balls for the Challenge golf which is hitting the ball off the tee 140 yards over the water and getting as close to the hole as possible.  Now, you wouldn't think 140 yards would be too tough.  OMG!  I couldn't get over the water and gave up.  I gave my extra balls to Kirk, and he only got a few over the water and on the green.  Not sure why this was so difficult, but, I now understand why they call it a challenge.  We also received passes for their 18 hole par 2 putt course which was a lot of fun.  After our trip there, we drove over to Flagler Beach and ate a late lunch overlooking the ocean.
 Miramar Beach....So nice
 Only in low 70's, but great for sitting and relaxing
 More of the beach
 Probably as close to St Andrews as Kirk will ever get
 More of the World Golf Hall of Fame
 View of the Challenge Hole.  Tee box on left.  Green across the water on right.

 Taken from inside the WGHOF.  Though it was cool
 The dreaded, unforgiving Challenge hole
 Gotta get a selfie :)
 Very nice and fun par 2 putt course
 Outside the WGHOF
Our view eating lunch at Flagler Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment