Thursday, March 19, 2015

January in Yuma 2015

Angela and her friend, Maryann came to Yuma for the weekend on 1/3-4.  They had been wanting/needing to go to Los Algodones, Mexico, and so we were able to enjoy their company also.  Anyone that knows my sister, knows she is a hoot, and a sweetheart.  So are most of her friends.  Kirk and I drove them over to Mexico, the Imperial Dunes, From The Farm, downtown Yuma, and any other place they wanted to go, or we thought they should see.  We had a ball!  Kirk grilled supper while the girls and me enjoyed our wine.   Can't wait to see Angela again in March when we take the RV up to Mesa for 5 days to meet with 3 of my sisters and brother, Rudy and his wife Bev.

You all know how Walmart turned out for Kirk!   Well, he didn't give up.  Kirk talked to the manager at the golf course where he was playing here in Yuma at the foothills and got an even better "job".  He's working at Mesa del Sol 1-2 afternoons a week, getting minimum wage AND all the $5 golf him and I want to play.  A sweet deal indeed !   So needless to say, Kirk is really enjoying his time in Yuma.  :). This will also get him into other courses around the country that this company owns. YAY!

On 1/22 a very dear friend of mine, Toni,  passed away.  I hadn't seen her for over 25 years, and had actually lost all contact with her over those years, despite trying to find her.  However, funny how names pop up on Facebook. Through several links I found her, friended her, and we kept in contact daily for over a year through texting, and an occasional phone call.  Toni was very sick with a disease called pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).  We knew her time was limited, but never gave up hope.  She was a blessing in my life.  I miss her terribly!

On 1/23 Kirk celebrated his 61st birthday.  We drove over to Quartzite for the day to the RV show and brought  back our first set of bamboo sheets ( they won't be the last), and a couple of pillows.  Kirk and I will be celebrating our birthdays together in February in Dan Diego.   Can't wait!

We had purchased concert tickets here at the park to see Garth Brooks and Faith Hill impersonators on 1/29.  It was a decent concert, but not very long.  Not much more to say about this one.
Look what I got....I'm happy now!
Okay.....but he's my dork!
RIP my dear friend Toni!

No comments:

Post a Comment