Thursday, July 25, 2013

On the road to WI 2013

Kirk and I had a little over a week to travel from my job in Mesa, AZ to my next assignment in Elroy, WI.  After stopping at Carrie's in Payson, UT, we hit the road traveling around the mountains near Salt Lake City and ending up at our first stop in Rawlins, WY.  We stayed at the Western Hills RV park.  The staff there was great and very accommodating.  Kirk and I were hungry for Thai food, and ate at a great little place downtown called Agnong Thai food.  Who would have thought that you could find great Thai food in Wyoming!
 This picture does not do the mountain justice, going around Salt Lake City.
Another beautiful mountain near SLC...even a greater view from the RV.

Our next stop was Ogallala, NE.  Since I have taken sooooo long to catch up my blog, I really can't remember where we stayed in Ogallala.  I had notes, but did not write that down.  I'm wondering if maybe we just kept on driving and stopped in North Platte, NE?  There I know where we stayed, where we ate, and who we met.  We only spent one night in the park.  However,  I met the family in the very decorated RV parked next us and also only passing through and spending the night.  They were the Watts family of Watts in the World Everyday Family.   A TV family of 5....father, mother, 2 girls, and a boy.  They are on the road for a year and are from Salt Lake City.  Mrs Watts blogs their adventures which you can read about in Wattsintheworld.com.
Very interesting Watts family parked next to us in North Platte, NE.

Our next overnight stop was Pine Grove RV park in Greenwood, NE.  This was a campground basically on farm land.  I started to feel my sinus infection return.  So after leaving Greenwood, I was able to find a doctor in network with my insurance in Waukee, IA.  You can imagine the look on everyone's face at the doctor's office when a 43 foot RV pulled up in their parking lot.  Loved this doctor! I got my Z-pack.  Took as directed, and have not been sick since.  It's so nice when doctor's actually listen to you.

Kirk and I were now headed to Nate and Lindsey's in Granger, IA.  There really wasn't anyplace close that could accommodate our RV, so knowing there was a Barr-Nun trucking company right across the road from their house, I called.  I was directed to a guy named Dwayne.  I was told he would be the one to talk to about parking overnight in their parking lot.  Kirk and I arrived and went in to meet Dwayne.  Very nice, and interesting guy.  He told us he has been with the company since it started.  Thanks for everything Dwayne. We stayed the night without incident and had a great visit with Nate, Lindsey, and Mason.  That Mason is getting so big.  He loves his Papa Kirk.
 It's a very special person who can get Papa Kirk down on all fours.
Mason Kirk Nelson...about 7 months old in this pic.

As much as we hated having to leave that handsome little fella, we had to say good-bye and head to Mavis' (Kirk's mom) in Gladbrook, IA.  We spent 3 days with her.  While we were there, Heather and Damon visited, as did Bev and Al.  We celebrated Mavis' 86th birthday.  I think she enjoyed having everyone there. As always, Kirk did odds and ends around the house getting it ready for Spring and Summer. He loves doing that stuff for his mom.  Of course, while there, we all went to Zeno's in Marshalltown for pizza.
Chuy and Kirk worn out after a de-winterizing Grandma Mavis' house.



No comments:

Post a Comment