Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bev and Al's Luau

Our stay in Prairie du Chien came to an end July 22 as the company I was contracted with hired a full time perm SLP.  Since I'm a traveling SLP, I realize that that is the nature of the game, so I guess I'm never really surprised when that happens, and I do look forward to our next adventure.  The thing with my job in Prairie though, was that I was still fairly close to the kids and grandbabies, and to some really special friends that I had not seen in years.  Kirk and I were able to hit the Mississippi River again on an "adult only" boat outing with our friends Bridget and Jason, and also Stacy and Maury.  Jason is an excellent boatsman, and Bridget an awesome boatswoman (not sure that is a real title, but she is absolutely great).  I will really miss her. 

Before leaving Prairie, we also attended Bev and Al's (Kirk's sister) wedding reception, a Luau, at their new home in Nashua, Iowa.  Bev is totally into flamingo's, even has a tatoo of one on her leg, so the Luau had a few flamingo scattered about, to say the least.  Kirk was in charge of grilling the pork loin, and I was to take random pics of the day.  It was a gorgeous day, and everyone had a great time. 
 The day after the Luau....Courtney, Gena, Bev, Al, Mavis (the mom), Kirk, me.
 Bridget and Jason.....we just love them so much!
 Stacy and Maury....red solo cup!
 The girls....back at the RV.
Our house warming gift to Al and his flamingo lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment