Friday, April 20, 2012

Last week in Payson, AZ

Well, another assignment has ended, and now a week off til the next one.  I met some wonderful people at Payson Care Center.  My co-workers in the therapy department were great.  It was a pleasure to have worked alongside such talent.  Last weekend was our last weekend here, and we needed to drive down to Mesa to pick up some things we had stored in my sister's garage.  We woke up Saturday morning to snow!  This was our first snow with any accumulation since we have been on the road 2 years now.   The drive between Payson and Mesa on Hwy 87 (also called Beeline) is absolutely beautiful.  The Saguaro's are gorgeous, and the mountains are spectacular.  From Payson to Mesa you will encounter the Mazatzal, Four Peaks, and McDowell Mountains.  You will also come across many Canyon's.  You will never get tired of the view no matter how many times you drive it. 

I had a co-worker at the Care Center who became engaged while I was there and will be getting married in June.  Now her wedding is one I would have liked to seen, but oh well, such is the life of a nomad.  Anyway, she is having a cowbow wedding.  She will be wearing a camo dress with cowgirl boots, and her flowers are sunflowers.  With not much time to do so, I made her a quick wedding gift, a camo mosaic cross with a sunflower.  It's not the best, but I though it turned out pretty good.

Kirk and I leave tomorrow, 4/21 and head to the midwest.  I haven't signed a contract as of this writing, but I believe I will be starting my new assignment 4/30/12 somewhere in Wisconsin.  We have a very busy Summer planned and can't wait to get started.
 Woke up to snow 4/14/12 in Payson, AZ....what the heck!
 Going down the mountain on Hwy 87 from Payson to Mesa...simple awesome!
 Also along Hwy 87 ..... love the saguaro's.
 Can you see the Heart.....I love hearts!
Camo mosaic cross with sunflower...could be better, but not too bad for an amatuer.

No comments:

Post a Comment