Tuesday, January 10, 2012

On our way to Kingman, AZ 11-2011

Kirk with some "Floozy" at the Goldenmill near Apache Junction, AZ


Reina, Stacy, and Angela (sister time) at San Tan Flatts.




The Lavender Pit in Bisbee, AZ


Kirk at the O.K. Corral in Tombstone, AZ


Eating lunch and listening to some good music at Big Nose Kate's in Tombstone.



Hello again! After leaving TX, Kirk and I headed to AZ. We had a week to get to my new assignment, so we made several stops along the way. We stayed in Ft Stockton, TX for the night at an RV park where we had stayed one other time when coming back from Carrie's (Kirk's daughter) wedding back in 2009. We left there and spent 2 nights in Benson, AZ. While in Benson, we took a day trip in the truck to Tombstone and Bisbee. Tombstone was pretty slow, but we did manage to take in a street gunfight....(the good guy won), Big Nose Kate's Saloon (sorry Rudy and Bev, but Courtney wasn't working that day), and the Bird Cage Theatre. I'm sure there is a lot more going on during the prime tourist season. We drove on down to Bisbee from there. It was also slow, but very interesting. We walked around town....it is either all downhill or uphill...no flat walking. Lots of interesting shops. The Lavender Pit, which is an old copper mine was also very cool to see. Between Benson and Mesa we had to make a pit stop in Tuscon as my new work place was requiring a drug test........now on to Mesa. Kirk and I stayed at a huge RV resort....so huge that I couldn't find my way back to our RV after going to a flea market in the main building. Fortunately, Kirk came to my rescue ( I forgot to take my cell phone ). We had a great time with Angela, Stacy, and Aaron. But, I need more than just a couple of days with my sisters. My job is 3.5 hours from Mesa (Kingman), and I've been working on a daily basis with my recruiter to get me closer to my family in Mesa. Kirk also has an opportunity to work (volunteer) the Phoenix Open, and also the LPGA with Angela. Keep us in your prayers that we find an assignment in the Phoenix area. We'd love to stay in AZ till middle of April anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment