Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Texas, the second time around.

At Salt Lick with Dave & Karin, kids, and Frank and Peggy!

Devastating aftermath of the Bastrop, TX fire.

The REAL Riverwalk.

The 6 second rule kiss......"or it doesn't count"!

Ava and Dylan! We have missed you so much.....my, how you've grown.



My assignment in New Braunfels was supposed to last til after the first of the year. Unfortunately for me, but good for the nursing home I was working in, they were able to hire a full time, permenant SLP. So, of course this shortened my assignment considerably. My last day of work would be November 11.....just about half-way into my original contract. Kirk and I were able to fit in most of our doctor and dental appointments while there. However, we weren't able to spend as much time as we would have liked with old friends. The day afer arriving in NB, Dave made up his famous D & D BBQ. It was great to see many of our old neighbors. Rudy and Bev also visited us for a few days at the River Road campground. They were on their way to LA, among other places in their RV. It is always a good time when they are around.

Some of the other things we were able to fit in during our short stay in NB were a night out for dinner at the Riverwalk, the Randolph Airforce Base Airshow, Karin and Dave's 5th annual Halloween party (delicious eyeballs), fishing with Dave, Karin, Ava, and Dylan, visiting my ex co-workers, and fun evenings with Carmen, Cheryl, Edith, Gabriela, and Corrine. Oh yes, and of course WORK. Kirk was also able to fit in some golf lessons (thanks to Groupon), and some golf dates with friends. Although short-lived, we enjoyed our brief stay/job in NB and hope to return soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment