Saturday, February 19, 2011

1/22/11...On our way to Ft Myers, FL

Dick and MaryLou

Our site at Seminole Campground and RV Park in Ft Myers


I completed my 13 week assignment in Bunnell, FL on 1/21/11 and Kirk and I departed for Ft Myers the next morning for the next 13 weeks. I accepted a position at Winkler Court Rehabilitation Center, a 120 bed skilled nursing facility. This time I actually get to work with another SLP. We were excited about being on the Gulf side of FL this time. On our way Kirk had arranged to meet Dick and MaryLou (who are also full time RV'ers) who are in FL for the winter and also are good friends of his from Iowa. We had a great visit with them over lunch. They are an awesome couple. We arrived in Ft Myers and are staying at Seminole Campground and RV Park. Everyone here is great....especially the staff, which is a welcomed relief from the previous RV park we stayed in. Kirk celebrated his birthday on the 23rd very quietly as we were setting up for the next 3 months. We did eat at Hogbody's (recommended by the locals) on Saturday evening and decided it would be a place where we would definitely go back. I started my job that Monday, the 24th. I will never work back to back again. I was exhausted. I found that I need an extra day to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment